ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN CONSULTANT / PROJECT SUPERVISOR
Bilingual Architectural Designer / Project Supervisor with over 18 years’ experience and a successful completion record of design and construction projects both Residential Development & Commercial Tenant Improvements. Proven ability to lead teams and solution oriented with focus on bottom line results.
Gateway Ivey Ranch Associates Inc. October 2004-October 2010
A division of Gateway Companies, a private development company, Murrieta, CA. 100+ employees specialized in Real Estate Residential Development services.
Project Designer/Project Supervisor, San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas, Sonora, Mexico (Photographs Available)
• Designed Custom Residences per clients’ requirements.
• Negotiated Construction Contract to and From Client.
• Processed building permits, inspection of work for quality and code compliance.
• Supervised construction crews.
• Purchased construction materials
• Provided customer service to owner.
• Managed/Coordinated imported construction materials through an Export/Import Agency
• Designated project translator/interpreter to CEO, Spanish/English.
• Projects Delivered:
Bahia Esmeralda S. de R.L de C.V. Custom Residences, San Carlos Sonora Mexico. A $35.5 million project consisting of 26 single family graded lots, 19 Quad-plex buildings & 14 large storage warehouses.
Guaymas International Airport Hangars, Guaymas Sonora Mexico. A $0.75 Million project consisting of obtaining Lease agreement from Mexican Federal Government to design/supervise /construction of 6 airplane hangars in Guaymas International Airport, the first to be built in Federal Land by Foreign Individual.
French Valley Jet Center, Murrieta, California. A $7.5 Million Project consisting of 14 state of the art airplane hangars & commercial offices.
Imperial County, California. Designed 5 floor plans with 3 schemes each for 69 lots in Imperial County. Project sold prior start of construction for a net profit of $4.5 million.
Sunny Creek Apartments, Carlsbad, California. Preliminary design for 37 low income housing apartments as part of City of Carlsbad requirements for West Development
Stallions Crossing, San Jacinto California. Provided fence design plans for 88 single family residences as part of the development requirements of the City of San Jacinto.
Howard Anderson & Associates Architects Mar 1997-October 2004
A $1 million privately owned and operated architectural firm, specialized in custom residential homes, commercial & industrial improvements, San Diego California.
Project Captain / Senior Draftsman, Del Mar California
• Designed custom residences per clients’ requirements.
• Attended construction meetings with clients, project managers, contractors & engineers.
• Obtained building permits, inspection of work for quality and code compliance.
• Supervised day to day design progress.
• Projects Delivered:
o Custom Residences: Dahlbo , Sven , Marani , Oakhurst (California residences) & Red Barn residence in Colorado.
o Commercial Improvements: Cox Communications, Time Warner, Adelphia, Union Tribune, DEI (Directed Electronics Inc.), Hunter Industries, Tri-City Towers, Rio Vista, Green Properties, Magellan Aviation, Gateway Aviation, Gibbs Flying Service & AHM Aviation.
Inter Arch Inc. September 1995-May 1997
Architectural firm, specialized in commercial tenant Improvements. San Diego, California.
Job Captain / Draftsman, San Diego California.
• Processed project designs via AutoCAD from sketch drawings/ run blueprints, sepias & vellums.
• Created construction documents for tenant improvements
• Coordinate (M.E.P.S) drawings & files & engineers.
• Submit construction documents for permit at building departments.
• Managed office, updated library, and file upkeep, order office supplies. Field verified measurements, used transient (Topo) to determine elevation changes.
ITT Technical Institute, San Diego CA
AA Computer Drafting and Design, 1997 (3.8 GPA)
University of Oregon, 1995
School of Architecture
• Proficient in AutoCAD 2007
• Computer Skills Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher.
• Project Management software MS Project.
Architectural Drafting and Consultating for Residencial & Commercial Remodel, Construction Documents, Building Department Permits and Job Supervision