Cultivating Regenerative Resources (CRR32, LLC) started 123 Grow Garden Center in 2011 with the goal to promote Ecological Gardening & Farming practices that regenerate and cultivate healthy soil.
Why do we want to help?
"The first rule of ecology is that everything is connected to everything else, ....when one component changes, everything changes in response, if only a tiny bit." - 'The Soul of Soil'
Grow your own food. No other food source is safer, fresher & more rewarding. There is no better way of capturing solar energy than through plants that nourish us or the earth.
Growing your own food & herbs has become increasingly popular and we carry organic garden supplies to grow healthy & nutritious food naturally in your backyard, balcony or window. We carry bulk soil & amendments for raised bed gardening. Ask about getting a soil test and starting your edible garden today.
Supporting community development of local growers & farmers to reduce our dependence on shipping & refrigeration is also a part of our ecological approach toward gardening. Communities will understand the importance of healthy soil & connect with nature by reconnecting with these growers. This is a powerful tool in changing habits toward sustainable & renewable resources.
Our principles are based on the tenets of Ecological Farming described in 'The Soul of Soil' [we included the words in brackets]:
1. Protect the environment, minimize pollution, promote health and optimize biological productivity [& biodiversity]
2. Replenish and maintain long-term soil fertility by providing optimal conditions for soil biological activity.
3. Maintain diversity within the farming system and in surroundings and protect and develop [native] plant and wildlife habitat.
4. Recycle materials and resources to the greatest extent possible within the farm [& garden] and its surrounding community as part of a regionally organized agricultural system.
5. Provide attentive care that meets both health and behavioral requirements of farm animals [& native species].
6. Maintain the integrity and nutritional value of organic food and processed products through each step of the process from planting to consumption.
7. Develop and adopt new technologies with consideration for their long-range social and ecological impact. [cradle to cradle]
Cultivating Regenerative Resources (CRR32, LLC)